Dear Elizabethtown Healthcare and Personal Care Home Family,
At this time of year, our campuses would normally be bustling with activity: We would be planning for and participating in club meetings, wellness classes, educational initiatives, and other spring celebrations and social gatherings.
Unfortunately, due to the continuously evolving public health care crisis, we have instead been forced to limit, suspend or cancel many of our most cherished activities.
Over the past week, many of our residents, team members, and volunteers have shared with me and others their suggestions to protect our residents and team members. In listening to you, I am reminded that, despite the limitations, restrictions and “social distancing,” we are and will remain a warm, caring and loving organization.
We are carefully monitoring the public health crisis and all official guidance and directives. We will remain nimble in order to quickly adapt to changes, and endeavor to always keep you up-to-date concerning our policies. Be assured that during this trying time, we are committed to making sound decisions calculated first and foremost to protect our residents and team members.
I wish to express my gratitude to all of you:
- To our administrators, staff and health care professionals who have been working around the clock to monitor and guide us through this public health emergency: Thank you for your dedication, talent, leadership, flexibility, ingenuity, and for always going above and beyond to do everything necessary to safeguard our residents and customers. You are an inspiration to me and indispensable to our Mission of Love.
- To our residents, customers and families: Thank you for your patience, understanding and adherence to the limitations, postponements and changes we have had to implement during this time. I know it is difficult to be separated from your loved ones, miss out on scheduled activities and events, alter your schedules and modify your routines. I hope you have found alternate ways to connect, whether through phone calls, texts, emails, social media, video chat or other creative means. In the meantime, know our team members consider our residents and their families to be part of our family, and we will always strive to treat them with compassion, respect and care.
- To our volunteers: While we have asked you to suspend your service with us until further notice, please know that we miss your smiles and talents and look forward to your return. Our communities just aren’t the same without you!
I have seen and heard about many selfless, thoughtful and caring deeds at our campuses during the last several days. While our employees and residents are being conscientious and responsible, they are always willing to help their neighbor, coworker, or a community member in need. With a family like this, I know we will get through these unprecedented times.
Asher Marx, LNHA
Updated April 14, 2020
Please, STAY HOME!
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf has ordered all residents to STAY HOME unless someone’s life is in danger. Elizabethtown Healthcare is implementing services to accommodate residents’ needs so they do not have to leave their homes and risk infection. We are asking everyone to do their part to keep our community safe.
All employees and approved visitors entering our facilities are screened (including temperature checks) upon entrance. Employees are also screened (including temperature checks) at the end of their shifts. All staff members in our SNF & Personal Care and those otherwise in contact with residents are wearing masks and other personal protective equipment in accordance with applicable regulatory guidelines and best practices.
We take these measures out of an abundance of caution to safeguard the well-being of all our residents, youth, families, volunteers, visitors and staff.
- All staff are screened with a questionnaire and temperature check upon coming to work each day. All staff in healthcare and personal care areas wear surgical masks. Other staff must wear masks anytime they may come into contact with a resident.
- No staff will be eliminated based on operational changes or due to COVID-19-related illness.
- Although we understand the importance of spending time with loved ones, our campus is closed to all visitors until further notice. We understand the importance of visiting with loved ones, but we must maintain the safety and health of our residents and staff as our top priority. Exceptions will be considered under extraordinary circumstances and will be screened at the campus entrance.
- While vital to our mission, we are asking all non-resident volunteers to suspend their service until further notice.
- We strongly discourage non-essential travel to reduce the opportunity for exposure to the virus. Ideally, all residents should choose to refrain from all overnight travel during the Stay-at-Home order.
- To lessen the chances of infection, we have canceled all group events, outings, activities and gatherings until further notice.
- All residents will dine in their rooms.
Personal Care Home:
- We have canceled all recreational activities, outings and events until further notice.
- We discourage residents from leaving campus except for essential purposes (to grocery stores and the pharmacy, although delivery is a preferred option; and urgent medical visits).
Again, thank you in advance for your cooperation with these matters to safeguard our community.
Our senior care management is dedicated to seniors rehabilitation and care. Get to know the senior care staff at Elizabethtown
As an innovative healthcare provider and community partner, we provide compassionate care and service to meet the needs of those who depend on us.
Two types of services:
(1) Short term Rehabilitation services
(2) Long term care services
Conveniently located just off the route 283, Elizabethtown Healthcare and Rehab Center in an open green suburban setting provides skilled nursing, medical and rehabilitative care. Clinical Care Teams are focused on implementing your personalized care program to facilitate your recovery and improve your well-being. From the latest equipment, to therapy and care plans tailored just for you, everything is designed to get you home as soon as possible.
Conveniently locates just off Route 283, Elizabethtown Healthcare
and Rehab Center in an open green suburban setting provides skilled
nursing, medical and rehabilitative care. Clinical Care Teams are focused
on implementing your personalized care program to facilitate
your recovery and improve your well-being. From the latest equipment,
to therapy and care plans tailored just for you,
everything is designed to get you home as soon as possible.